Thursday, December 2, 2010

Magical imagination inducing cardboard boxes


With time to spare and the boys wanting a ride in the big IKEA trolley, I whizzed them around the seating area and took them on a tour of the wrapping tables and customer service counters.
Fai was the navigator, telling me to turn this way and that and to avoid going too near the guards who might ask them to stop their fun ride.
The boys were concerned when a mother started reprimanding her child "Be patient! Keep quiet!" As the child wailed incessantly.
They knew better than to say a thing. They looked but kept their thoughts to themselves. They asked me to move on.
Wise move, my boys.

The real christmas trees must be a hot seller in IKEA. There were quite a number waiting to be delivered to their respective homes. The place smelled like a pine forest.

It was on our 3rd round that we noticed a bin for recycled boxes. Ooooh! I can't resist cardboard boxes and the boys were delighted as well. We took three.
Fai said he would make castles the moment he got home.

We piled them onto our trolley and went for another few more spins.

It was late by the time we got home. So Fai only had time to tape the sides with masking tape. I guess I would have to wait till tomorrow to see what those 3 boxes will transform into.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I live 30 minutes from the first ever ikea here in Stockholm! I often take my boys and they love messing up the room displays hehe