Thursday, April 22, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
2. During District Conferences, spouses and children will be around, however I feel that the number of cupcakes should be 100 pieces as it was really difficult getting people to buy the cupcakes, thus the cupcakes would be more of a showcase of Jianyi's talents. Speaking of which, Jianyi would have to do the icing and make the sugarcraft models on-site. As it was attention grabbing and pulled in a crowd.
3. Need to search for vegetarian cakes and diabetic cakes.
4. Display a dummy 3-tiered wedding cake.
5. The butter cake slices sold really well. Samples of the chocolate cake helped to boost the sales of the cake significantly. In all we made 4 10inch butter cakes and 2 10inch chocolate cakes. Next event we will double the volumes for both the types of cakes.
6.We need more posters and flyers. Perhaps a nice banner.
7. I had great fun experimenting with the carrot cake. It feels good working with a new recipe and having to rectify the cake and try to turn it into a presentable cake. I am glad it was well-received.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
So if you want to get into cake decorating you should consider their classes. Fees are a bit steep though...so are their merchandise.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
She is learning techniques that she could not obtain from the net. I could see the improvements in her fondant deco immediately. Her finishing is now much smoother.
She was delighted that she finished her task ahead of her much older classmates :)
Kent was late picking her up from her Friday class. When the tutor noticed her pacing up and down she asked JY why didn't she drive home! Jianyi was puzzled at first. It was the 1st time anyone had ever asked her such a question. So she remarked that she couldn't drive. So the tutor suggested that she bought a car. Jianyi got more confused. Then JY blurted out "I am only 12 years old, I can't drive yet!"
What I would give to have seen the tutor's face. hahahaha!
Anyway they thought that JY was 17 or 18 and were amazed that she was 12.
The lady-in-charge, Rosalind wants to take JY under her wing and suggested that JY take up their 5 day Diploma course in July and participate in a sugarcraft competition in UK in October. Jianyi is ecstatic.
She can't wait till October. She can already see herself on the plane. She is 12 and already has plans to be a jetsetter...oh my!