Thursday, March 10, 2011

Clearwater Cave 5thMarch2011


Entrance to Clearwater Cave
Huge boulders greeted us after climbing up 200 steps. Puff, puff...it was not an easy task.
Out of the 4 caves that I visited in Mulu, this has to be my favourite.
No smelly guano, lots of scalloping, stalactites and staglamites to admire and the heart pounding sound of the river that flows through it.
I felt like one of the Famous Fives exploring a mystery in an underground cavern.
The cave was lit with dim yellow lights and the air was cool and refreshing.
'Foong Sup' (masuk angin) comes to mind though.

As in all the other caves, lots of interesting facts to read and ponder upon. I would have spent more time in here if not for Han and Ean pestering me to hurry up and get on with it. After 2 days of caves, Han and Ean had quite enough of looking at limestones.

Fai on the other hand couldn't get enough of all the information that he learnt from the guide's narration and from the signboards. I never got to hear much of what the guide had to offer as oftentimes I lagged behind the group....far, far behind.
Fai would insist on being in the thick of the action - with the guide. When I do catch up with him, he would excitedly tell me about all the interesting facts that he learnt and at times pull me to a particular signboard and have me read out and explain the details to him.

We crossed a bridge.
The view from the bridge was spectacular. Unfortunately, my camera couldn't capture its majestic beauty.

JY : Imagine this whole place was once under water!
It was a humbling experience.
Advanced adventure cavers would emerge from the far end of the cave and they would have to wade 1.5 km through the river.
This was the best part - jumping into the crystal clear water.

Millipede

Han washing his slippers.
He was observed by hundreds of fish.
After that refreshing dip, we boarded the long boat for our journey back to the resort.

2 comments:

greenhoihoi said...

Simply beautiful, breath taking nature.

Anonymous said...

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic
however I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in trading
links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?
My site covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we
could greatly benefit from each other. If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!

Stop by my homepage ... best cellulite treatment