Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stick, Stones, Broken Bones @PJLA 5thMay2011

A free preview and workshop conducted by Mr Bunk himself. What a treat!
Thanks to a unschooling mom who gave the heads up on the Malaysian Homeschooling Network, my kids signed up for it.
The kids were spellbound as they watched Jeff Achtem aka Mr Bunk perform.
Here he used his gloved puppet to dance to Michael Jackson's Thriller.
His performance was pure magic. We were transported into another realm where shadows prevailed.
The kids were giggling at his puppets' antics.
His movements were fluid and even I was carried away by his utter genius!
I loved every moment of it.
After the brief preview, the kids were handed A4 sized cardboards and asked to trace their hands and to sketch a puppet for themselves.
He handled the coaching of the puppet workshop all by himself- 1 man and a stage full of highly enthusiastic kids.
Phew! Should have seen him whizzing around as he guided and instructed the kids.
Han kept asking for help "Excuse Me!', "Where is my pencil? My pencil is gone!" "I need help!"
And Mr Bunk will be at the far end of the stage telling Han "Hang on, Buddy!", "Relax, Buddy!"

The kids trying out their puppets.
They had the stage to all themselves, to do as they pleased.
JY and Fai put up a mini performance and they had a grand time. We were all very caught up in it.
I was so delighted with Mr Bunk and his puppets and the effect he had on the kids that I instantly got tickets for his show.
Having gotten accustomed to asking for workshops from everyone and anyone, I couldn't resist asking Gardner and Wife for another workshop with Mr Bunk. They said Yes!
So come Thursday, 12th May, we will have another session with Mr Bunk. The kids are ecstatic. And so am I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've made some good points there. I checked on the internet to learn more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this site.

Here is my web blog anti cellulite treatment