Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Beautiful Malaysia!

Finally, Viji the mechanic down the road has completed the repairs on Kent's newly acquired Volvo - his 3rd Volvo. His Dad bought him his first Volvo 240 when he was 18. The first time he drove that car was when he drove me home...a short drive from Taynton view to Tmn Midah but it made him sweat buckets.

His T5 will be mine now and I can't wait to take my kids on trips around this beautiful country. No more having to settle for loafing around shopping malls or leaving them in Smaland. It will be the great outdoors from here on ( except for wednesdays when JY would need to complete her clay course).

It was just this morning that I realised ( after reading Nutgraph about something totally unrelated but switched on a lightbulb in my dull grey matter nevertheless) that Malaysia's rich natural hertage would not last forever. So before it is all gone, my kids should at least have the opportunity to have a glimpse at it all.

I shall start with somewhere near. I still need to get my driving skills in order before I hit the Malaysian highway. Rimba Ilmu, situated in UM's campus, seems interesting. Let's see what it has in store for us....

1 comment:

Stick Man said...

Langat Forest reserve to be turned into an oil palm estate??!
Read this :
http://waterfallsurvivors.blogspot.com/2010/12/help-save-kuala-langat-forest-reserve.html

I had better start appreciating Malaysia's forest before it is all gone.